Qualifications to apply to the UI-MARC Program:
- student must be a currently UI-enrolled sophomore or junior (must be able to participate for 2 full semesters)
- enrolled in a supported major
- eligible students must identify as a member of an underrepresented or disadvantaged group*
- currently hold a position in a research lab
- committed to pursuing a Ph.D. in the Biosciences or M.D./Ph.D.
- hold at least a 3.0 GPA
- be a United States citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- submit a free application complete with a short essay and a letter of recommendation from a research advisor
- selected applicants must conduct an in-person interview before being accepted into the program
* Underrepresented Minorities (URM) - The following racial and ethnic groups have been shown to be underrepresented in STEM fields: Black or African American, Hispanic, Latino(a), American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander.