Qualifications to apply to the UI-LSAMP Research Internship Program:
- enrolled in a supported major; priority is given to students transferring from a 2-year community college.
- eligible students must identify as a member of an underrepresented or disadvantaged group*
- be committed to increasing diversity in the sciences
- hold at least a 3.0 GPA
- be a United States citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- submit a free application complete with a short essay
* Underrepresented Minorities (URM) - The following racial and ethnic groups have been shown to be underrepresented in STEM fields: Black or African American, Hispanic, Latino(a), American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander.