As an UI-LSAMP intern you will be required to:
- Participate in mentored research during the summer and academic year.
- Present your research at the UI Summer Undergraduate Research Conference (SURC) and either the Fall Undergraduate Research Festival (FURF) or the regional LSAMP meeting.
- Attend UI-LSAMP professional development event(s) throughout the summer and academic year.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA (UI cumulative) throughout the program.
- Maintain open communications with your research group and UI- LSAMP program staff. Check, read, and respond with email daily.
- Develop a LinkedIn page that connects with the LSAMP IINSPIRE Research Group.
- Participate in all LSAMP IINSPIRE program evaluation activities as requested. This may include interviews, focus groups, and/or electronic surveys.
As an UI-LSAMP intern you are encouraged to:
- Enroll in a 1 semester hour IBA professional development seminar in the Fall or in the Spring.
- IINSPIRE other students by becoming a peer mentor to other LSAMP IINSPIRE students.
- Serve as a student leader at LSAMP IINSPIRE events
- IINSPIRE other students to become a UI LSAMP intern