Qualifications to Apply (Science Alliance Internship)
The mission of the Science Alliance Internship Program is to support underrepresented first and second year students interested in exploring research on campus. Qualifications to apply to the Science Alliance Internship Program:
- student must be a UI-enrolled freshman or sophomore
- enrolled in a supported major
- be committed to increasing diversity in the sciences
- be committed to or seriously considering a career in scientific research.
- hold at least a 3.0 GPA
- be a United States citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- submit a free application complete with a short essay
* Underrepresented Minorities (URM) - The following racial and ethnic groups have been shown to be underrepresented in STEM fields: Black or African American, Hispanic, Latino(a), American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander.