Science Outreach and Engagement
Developing skills in science communication and engagement is a cornerstone of all ISA programs. The Latham Science Engagement Fellowship, in particular, focuses primarily on developing project management and science communication skills, and provides selected students multiple pathways to actively participate in collaborative science outreach opportunities and engage our community in thinking about science.
Below are examples of creative works, presentations, and other science communication by Latham Fellows and additional ISA program-affiliated students. You can also check out Stem-o-sphere, a blog that is managed by Latham Fellows.
Lesson Plans Developed by Latham Fellows in Science Engagement
- Jia Zhao Personal Website (ISA Scholar Capstone)
- Maddie Anae's Comic - Natural Phenomena: Vol 1 (ISA Scholar Capstone)
- The Everyday Wonders of Science (Latham)
- Floyd Evans (UI MARC) - Floyd Evans takes us through a day working on his research!
- Felipe Herrmann (UI MARC) - Felipe walks us through a day of research in Psychology!
2021 IBA/LSAMP Capstone Event
- Anthony Vitale - Developing Preventative Treatments for Radiation-Induced Tissue Damage
- Josh Peterson - Literature Review of Endoplasmic reticulum Stress in Skeletal Muscle
- Adelisa Dedic - Presentation: Graduate School Trends: A Student Perspective
- Jia Zhao - Project Overview: Creating your own Website from Scratch
- Elias Shaefer - Developing the Science Alliance Application Portal
- Ricky Lozano Flores - Finding Success in Science
- Complete Capstone Event - 2021 IBA/LSAMP Graduate Event
2020 IBA/LSAMP Scholar Symposium
- Floyd Evans - Presentation: Data Analysis of SARS-CoV-2 Diagnostic Test
- Chelsea Higgins - Presentation: Genomic Consequences of Asexuality
- Michelle Krumm - Presentation: The Mysteries Behind Learning Circuits
- Towanou Noukonme - Presentation: Poly Lactic-co-Glycolic Acid (PLGA) Synthesis for Cancer Vaccine Delivery
- Maddie Anae - Presentation: Volcanic Eruptions at the Auckland Volcanic Field, New Zealand
- Dustin Fykstra - Presentation: Human Brainstem Atlas
- Elizabeth Birchfield - Presentation: Treatment after Treatment: Curing Chemotherapy-Induced Neuropathy
- Renato Jensen - Presentation: Very Low-Calorie Diets and Liver Disease: A Scoping Review
- Complete Event - 2020 IBA/LSAMP Symposium
2020 Summer Program Three Minute Research Videos
- Gabriela Moya - A Glance in the Forbes Research Group